OPERATIONS MANAGER | CENTRAL LONDON
£32,000 - £34,000
Our client is a boutique strategic innovation consultancy looking for an energetic Operations Manager to join the growing central London team. They work to help their clients, across industry, to unlock growth through innovation and business model disruption.
Having established solid foundations over the past 18 months, they are looking for an Operations Manager to support their team in the next phase of growth. As a current team of ~8 consultants, this is an opportunity to help build a business that is growing fast: the potential for progression is significant for the right candidate, with scope to become a key part of the business long term.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building on current internal processes to streamline and enhance the way we do things internally
- Playing an active role in HR & recruiting, including managing the candidate pipeline and scheduling interviews
- Being the go-to person on admin and payroll, finance, managing processes around payroll, invoicing and expenses in support of the co-founder
- Preparing monthly reporting and Board materials and documenting meeting minutes
- Organising and overseeing induction of new joiners, including owning the IT and software set-up
- Supporting the partners and consulting team with admin and organisation, such as scheduling meetings, organising logistics and booking travel
- Building ad-hoc business materials to support sales pitches and PR efforts
What We Look For
- Someone whose mentality is epitomised by the phrase "how can I help". A truly start up attitude.
- Ability to get stuck in - a keenness to contribute and make improvements wherever there’s an opportunity
- Ability to manage own time, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A pro-active and can-do mindset, with a willingness to support in a broad variety of activities, instinctive drive to improve own and team productivity
- A true entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to contribute to the building of the company
- Experience of Operations or Office Management activities and working in a fast-paced environment
- Perfect command of English, both written and oral
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of key office systems including G Suite and Office 365
- Knowledge of key productivity tools such as Endnote, Trello and Slack
- Understanding of key financial concepts such as simple P&Ls, invoicing and bookkeeping processes, experience with Xero software
- Understanding of key business requirements such as payroll, VAT and HMRC filings
- Website editing in HTML
- First Aid Trained
- Location: Based at the office near Temple.
- Perks: Start-up office culture, weekly team lunch, regular office drinks
- Remuneration: ~£32-34k annual total comp. plus EMI options/pool (dependant on experience)
Temporary with the potential to go permanent